For over 35 years, the Evening Garden Club has supported the expansion of gardening, education and beautification in the Corvallis community through its Grants Program. The EGC offers grants to Benton County nonprofit organizations to carry out worthy garden related projects. The club also contributes to a scholarship provided by the Oregon Federation of Garden Clubs.
2023 Grants Program is in progress.
Application period is closed, the winners will be announced in May 2023.
Timeline for 2023 Grant Program:
- February 15- March 20: Grant applications submissions
- March 30 – April 4: Review and selection of projects
- April 5 – April 22: Notification to grant applicants; funding issued (by mail)
- December 10: Progress reports due
Applications must be completed and submitted by the deadline. Strong grant applications are expected to address one or more of EGC’s objectives:
- To promote and encourage the art of gardening and the study of horticulture.
- To aid in the protection and conservation of natural resources.
- To promote civic and roadside beautification.
- To cooperate with other organizations interested in these objectives.
Additional evaluation criteria:
- Does the project include an educational component?
- Is the goal of the project well-researched and achievable?
- What is the estimated number of people reached by the project?
- Who are the people involved in or benefiting from the project (i.e., youth, underserved populations, people who currently have limited access to gardens)?
- Is there hands-on involvement of community members?
Requirements and limitations:
- Funds are available to non-profit groups only. Tax Exempt Status Number/Tax ID Number is required.
- Checks will not be made out to personal accounts.
- The project must benefit the Benton County community.
- The organization must follow up with brief written documentation and pictures to share how the grant was spent in order to be considered for future grant requests.
- Grant requests cannot exceed $500. Each year, based on the number of applications received, some of the requests may only be partially funded.
- EGC cannot fund requests for individuals, to reimburse funds already expended, or programs outside Benton County, Oregon.
How to apply:
Deadline for receipt of the EGC Grant applications: March 20, 2023
Applications can be submitted by one of these methods:
- Email (preferred): download the application form here: (MS Word document, PDF, or Google document), then complete the form and send it to as an attachment
- Or complete the online form below
- Or Mail – Download and print form here: (MS Word document, PDF, or Google document) and mail to: Evening Garden Club, P.O. Box 315, Corvallis, OR 97339-0315. If the application is mailed, it should arrive before the deadline. Applications arriving after that date will not be considered for the 2023 program.
We support a scholarship provided by the Oregon Federation of Garden Clubs.